The White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition & Health is convening today. As a reminder of why it matters, here’s what’s happening with the much-needed reauthorization of the Child Nutrition Bill.
The reauthorization bill, required every five years, was introduced in the House in July as H.R.5919 – Early Childhood Nutrition Improvement Act of 2021. If and when passed, it will:
- Increase kids’ access to free school meals
- Expand kids’ access to summer meals
- Expand kids’ access to day care meals
- Expand WIC (the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) benefits and access
- Enable Tribal sovereignty in program administration
The Food Research & Action Center (FRAC) offers:
I’m hoping the White House Strategy announced today will include these elements for reducing childhood hunger.
Coming soon! My memoir, October 4.
For 30% off, go to www.ucpress.edu/9780520384156. Use code 21W2240 at checkout.